Did you mean to access PHP? Click on the following link.
localhost / PHP Hypertext Preprocessor
PHP (PHP Hypertext Preprocessor) is a programming language originally designed for web development.
PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development. It was originally created by Danish-Canadian programmer Rasmus Lerdorf in 1994; PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page, but it now stands for PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor. PHP code is usually processed on a web server by a PHP interpreter implemented as a module, a daemon or as a Common Gateway Interface (CGI) executable. On a web server, the result of the interpreted and executed PHP code – which may be any type of data, such as generated HTML or binary image data – would form the whole or part of a HTTP response. The standard PHP interpreter, powered by the Zend Engine, is free software released under the PHP License. PHP has been widely ported and can be deployed on most web servers on almost every operating system and platform, free of charge. Wikipedia
PHP is a server side programming language. When a user requests a web page that contains PHP code, the code is processed by the PHP module installed on that web server. The PHP pre-processor then generates HTML output to be displayed on the user’s browser screen. PHP creates dynamic interactive websites. WordPress is written using PHP as the scripting language. Just like WordPress, PHP is also an Open Source. wpbeginner
PHP Features and Highlights
The main PHP features and highlights are:
- PHP is most popular and frequently used world wide scripting language.
- PHP is open source and very simple
- PHP is an interpreted language, i.e. there is no need for compilation
- PHP supports object-oriented programming features, resulting in increased speed
- PHP code will be run on every platform, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, Windows.
- PHP supports variable usage without declaring its data type.
- PHP supports a popular range of databases like MySQL, SQLite, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, and PostgreSQL.
- All PHP frameworks are open sources, No payment is required for the users and its completely free.
- PHP is very rich with many diverse online community developers to help beginners for web-based applications.
Other PHP Folder Suggested Ports
Common ports that might be used to access PHP folder are: